Support, knowledge and advice to the social care sector in Essex, Southend & Thurrock...
Essex Independent Care Association (EICA) is an independent voluntary ‘not for profit’ organisation with the following aims and objectives:
- To represent the interests of social care providers from Essex, Southend and Thurrock locally, regionally and where possible, nationally
- To alert members to issues which affect social care organisation relating to legislation regulation and development of best practice
- To offer members a range of services to meet their needs and a mutual support network
- To keep members abreast of new developments within the sector, whilst signposting them to sources of information which may be helpful to them
- To provide funding information, advice and guidance on training and development
What does EICA do?
- The Association is run by a small management committee, all of whom are owners, managers, or trustees of a care organisation in Essex, Southend or Thurrock. The management committee meets on a quarterly basis to review and plan activities to benefit members.
Essex Independent Care Association
251-255 Church Road
Essex SS7 4QP
Tel: 01268 565551
Office Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
EICA supports My Home Life Essex for celebrating good quality of care for older residents in Essex care homes.
20 September 2016
The review service is for a wide range of health and social care services including residential care homes, home care organisations, nursing homes, GP surgeries, etc
19 September 2016
The CQC have updated the code of practice that their staff will follow to obtain, handle, use and disclose confidential personal information
12 September 2016
Market shaping is not an activity undertaken just by local authority commissioners, says the Institute of Public Care’s Nic Rattle, and we need to recognise that.